Image Widget

Image Widget

Arthur

When you think of "Arthur", do you think of an aardvark with glasses? This movie's much better than that. If you enjoy British humor, Russell Brand, or wild and crazy ideas (Like buying out the entirety of Grand Central Station for a date), then this is a must-see for you.

By the way, Helen Mirren was great here.

What Can One Do...?

2011-04-14

In my position, it's difficult and frankly painful to think of any way to be able to "move around" in terms of careers.  I fucked myself over not getting a job in high school, and I know that.  I shouldn't have depended on my mother to get me through Columbia or Triton.  But I think I've finally come up with a solid plan.

Working at the airlines isn't the most glamorous job.  The thing is, it gives you a lot of flexibility.  As an agent, I'd be able to switch days, take vacation, etc.  This means I'd at least be able to obtain an online degree, which I'd love to get in either Journalism or Editing.  With that under my belt, I'm thinking I'd blog in my free time -- probably travel blogging, should time permit.  It just makes sense since the traveling technically would be free and I wouldn't have to put much effort into it.

Fifteen years under the head of an airline gets you a pension.  I really don't mind that at all, since it's been advised to me that two pensions is better than one for some reason.  If ever I decide that the airlines isn't for me after that point, I can (And probably will) quit to pursue a career in Journalism, Editing, Publishing, or even Writing.  I think I'd be set for life then.

So, to sum it up:

-Obtain a career in an airline (This is the one foot in the door that I know I have)
-Get an online degree in Journalism, Editing, or Publishing
-Blog in your free time to get your foot in the door (For writing)
-If you wish, quit the airlines, obtain the pension (~15 years of work), and use your news articles from blogging to obtain a career in the writing industry.

Sound like a solid plan?  I hope it is.

2 comments:

sloan3390 said...

I like it, its very you! It will (eventually) be you doing something you love doing. That’s all anyone should ever try to do. Pursue what they love.

sloan3390 said...

Pursue what *you* love.

Post a Comment

 

Latest Vision